- Available September – May
- Must be scheduled in advance (filled on a first-come, first-served basis)
- K-12th grade classroom-based groups
- Monday – Friday at 10am or 11am
- Maximum of 60 students and 6 free adults per day (additional adults at $25 each)
- Ratio of one chaperone per 10 students
- Guided docent-led tours are provided based on availability
Free field trips include one hour in the Works of Dalí permanent collection only. Special exhibit(s) are not included in this program. You may upgrade your free field trip for an additional fee to include special exhibit(s) and unlimited time in the galleries.
|Field Trip Type||Max # of Students||Hours||Cost||Trip Length||Inclusions|
|No cost||1-hour guided |
|No special exhibit |
(1st floor only
|Includes special exhibit + unlimited time in the galleries|
|Self-guided on the Museum app (no tour)||Includes special exhibit + unlimited time in the galleries|
For an additional fee of $15 per person, classes may reserve timed tickets to view Dalí Alive 360° during their Museum field trip. This experience lasts approximately 40 minutes, will be coordinated with any guided tours and must be reserved before your visit. Please check the “Dalí Alive 360°” box on your request form or contact email@example.com to book.
Pinellas County Schools Referendum Funds may be available to cover the cost of your transportation needs. Learn more here.
If your K-12 classroom-based group requires special accommodations (time, date, number of students, etc.) or inclusion of a special exhibition that falls outside the qualifications for free school visits in our permanent collection, you may reserve group tickets online here.
planning your day
After you receive the email confirmation of your tour:
- Thoroughly review your confirmation email and educator packet attachment.
- Review the Museum Etiquette Guidelines with your students before arriving at the Museum.
- Tours last approximately one hour. Please note that should your group arrive late, your tour will be shortened to accommodate the amount of time left in your designated hour. Early arrivals will be unable to enter the galleries until the assigned time.
- Chaperones are required to accompany students at all times at a ratio of one chaperone per 10 students; this includes in the galleries, Avant-Garden, Museum Store, Café Gala, Theater and restrooms.
- If you are planning to eat lunch before or after your tour, please be aware that the Museum does NOT offer a dedicated space to have lunch. Student groups may eat in the Plaza area between the Mahaffey Theater and the Dalí Museum or at Albert Whitted Park (down Dan Wheldon Way). Please be conscious of the weather on the day of your trip as these areas offer little shade at lunchtime.
Free field trip reservations include a one-hour tour of the permanent collection with no additional time in the galleries.
Upgraded (paid) field trip reservations have unlimited time to explore the galleries.
Both reservation types may visit the first floor Café, Store and Avant-Garden for any amount of time.
Groups with visitors under the age of 18 or visiting with students of a K-12 school are required to have a minimum chaperone ratio of 1:10. Additional chaperones will incur a per person fee.
Notebooks, pencils, cameras and cellphones are welcome in the Museum during your tour. Please ensure all cellphones are silenced and all camera flashes have been disabled.
Please note: Backpacks, backpack-style purses, large camera bags, lunch boxes and water bottles are NOT permitted at the Museum. These items should remain on the bus or in private vehicles.
Reservation date and arrival time changes can be made directly with the scheduling office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 727.623.4778. We will make every effort to reschedule your field trip; however, this may not be guaranteed.
Please contact the scheduling office as soon as possible at 727.623.4778 and email email@example.com.
Free K-12 School Field Trip
These reservations require a minimum of two week’s notice to cancel. Reservations cancelled outside of this timeframe may not be eligible for the free K-12 program during the following school year. Schools whose student count drastically drops less than two weeks before their reservation may be considered a cancellation.
Upgraded Field Trip
These reservations require a minimum of two week’s notice to cancel. If cancelled outside of this timeframe, deposits are non-refundable.
Additional students are permitted as long as you notify the Museum before your arrival.
Students are welcome to enjoy their lunches in the plaza area between the Museum and The Mahaffey Theater or at the Albert Whitted Park (down Dan Wheldon Way). The former has benches located around the plaza and shade under the trees. The latter is located on the water and offers beautiful views of Tampa Bay.
Please Note: Outside food is not permitted within Café Gala or the Avant-garden.
There are currently two bus parking spaces in the Museum lot, which are free on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please note: Private vehicles are subject to a $10.00 parking fee in the Museum’s lot.
the dalí in the classroom
If you are interested in bringing The Dalí to your classroom virtually, learn more about our new program The Dalí in the Classroom for local middle and high school students.
College Student Groups
Learn more about discounted group admission for college students.