Complimentary School Tours are available during the school year and include waived admission fees and a docent-led tour.
- K-12th Grade School Groups
- Tuesday-Friday at 10:00am or 11:00am
- Maximum of 30 students and 3 complimentary adults per timeslot (additional adults $22.00 each)
- Must be scheduled in advance; filled on a first come, first served basis
Please note that the complimentary program is a one-hour time period in the gallery. This time period incorporates a docent-led tour of the permanent collection only.
School groups who wish to view special exhibitions may do so at reduced school group admission rates with advanced reservations.
Paid School Tours are available for school groups who wish to view special exhibitions.
- K-12th Grade School Groups
- $12.00 per student and $22.00 per adult
- 7 days a week during regular museum hours, contingent on availability
- Maximum of 25 students per hour
- Must be scheduled in advance
Scheduling Your Tour
Before submitting your request, please consult your school’s administration and calendar regarding testing, school holidays, and half days.
Due to the popularity of our school tour program, please provide at least three dates and times on your form for processing. Should your requested tour times/dates not be available, someone from the Museum will contact you via email.
Click a button below to complete the School Tour Request form.
Complimentary School Tours
Paid School Tours
You will receive a response within 24 hours (Monday-Friday). Please be advised that your visit is not confirmed until you have received an official confirmation e-mail from the Group Experience Office at the Museum.
Planning Your Day
After you receive the email confirmation for your tour:
- Thoroughly review your confirmation and the attached Teacher Guide
- Review the Museum Etiquette Guidelines with your students prior to arrival at the Museum
- Distribute the Chaperone Guidelines to all adults accompanying your group
Lesson Plans are also available for pre-visit preparation, click here to view.
Tours last approximately one hour. Please note that should your group arrive late, your tour will be shortened to accommodate the amount of time left in your designated hour. Early arrivals will not be able to enter the galleries until the assigned time.
Chaperones are required to accompany students at a ratio of one chaperone per 10 students at all times – including in the Galleries, Avant Garden, Museum Store, Café, Theater, and Restrooms.
If you are planning to eat lunch before or after your tour, please be aware that the Museum does NOT offer a dedicated space to have lunch. Student groups may eat in the Plaza area between the Mahaffey Theater and the Dali Museum, or in Albert Whitted Park across from the Dali. These areas offer little shade at lunchtime. Please be conscious of the weather on the day of your trip.
School lunches are available for purchase from the Museum Café and can be ordered prior to your visit. Please contact TK Kapous or Chuck Bandel of Café Gala for details at 727-623-4725 or email:email@example.com.