Free K-12 School Field Trips – September through May
- K-12th Grade Classroom-Based Groups
- Monday-Friday at 10:00am or 11:00am
- One-hour time period in the gallery
- Maximum of 30 students and 3 free adults per timeslot (additional adults $22.00 each)
- Must be scheduled in advance; filled on a first come, first served basis
- Complimentary docent-led tours are provided based on availability.
Through January 3, 2016, K-12 School Groups may have access to the special exhibit Escher at the Dali. Please note that the tour will include 30 minutes in The Works of Dali and 30 minutes in Escher at the Dali.
- The Works of Dali Only
- The Works of Dali + Escher at the Dali (30 minutes in each gallery)
- Escher at the Dali Only
Scheduling Your Tour
Free K-12 School Field Trips
Customized Field Trips – September through May
If your K-12 classroom-based group requires special accommodations (time, date, content, etc.) that fall outside the qualifications for free school visits, you may submit a Customized Field Trip Request Form below. A staff member from the Group Experience Office will contact you within 2 business days. Additional fees will apply.
Scheduling Your Tour
Customized Field Trips
Home School Student Days
Free admission for home school students is offered twice a year between September and May.
- Reservations must be made at least one week in advance as space is limited; filled on a first come, first served basis
- Admission fees are waived for students age 18 and under who are in a registered homeschool program
- Admissions fees are waived for one adult per family (additional adults $22.00 each)
- Onsite parking is not included
- Students may explore the museum galleries at their own pace.
Home School Days 2015-2016
- October 5, 2015 from 10:00am-12:00pm
- April 18 , 2016 from 10:00am-12:00pm
Please complete a Home School Day Reservation Form below.
Home School Day Reservation
College Student Groups
Learn More about discounted group admission for college students.
Planning Your Day
After you receive the email confirmation for your tour:
- Thoroughly review your confirmation and the attached Teacher Guide
- Review the Museum Etiquette Guidelines with your students prior to arrival at the Museum
- Distribute the Chaperone Guidelines to all adults accompanying your group
Lesson Plans are also available for pre-visit preparation, click here to view.
Tours last approximately one hour. Please note that should your group arrive late, your tour will be shortened to accommodate the amount of time left in your designated hour. Early arrivals will not be able to enter the galleries until the assigned time.
Chaperones are required to accompany students at a ratio of one chaperone per 10 students at all times – including in the Galleries, Avant Garden, Museum Store, Café, Theater, and Restrooms.
If you are planning to eat lunch before or after your tour, please be aware that the Museum does NOT offer a dedicated space to have lunch. Student groups may eat in the Plaza area between the Mahaffey Theater and the Dali Museum, or in Albert Whitted Park across from the Dali. These areas offer little shade at lunchtime. Please be conscious of the weather on the day of your trip.
School lunches are available for purchase from the Museum Café and can be ordered prior to your visit. Please contact Chuck Bandel of Café Gala for details at 727-623-4725 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pinellas County Schools Referendum Funds
Referendum funds dedicated to the Visual Arts are available to cover the cost of buses (private or school) and admission fees for any PCS teacher planning a Visual Arts Museum field trip.
For more information please click here.