The Dalí Museum celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month with a variety of unique programs inspired by Hispanic culture, including lectures, tours, performances and more.
Check back as we continue to add additional Hispanic Heritage Month programming!
“One of the most fortunate things which has happened to me was that of being Spanish…” – Salvador Dalí
Lectures & discussions
- Surreal Conversations en Español (Sep 26 at 5pm): Participants of all language levels will get the opportunity to practice and hone their foreign language skills while exploring the world of art in a supportive and inclusive environment, fostering meaningful connections while deepening your appreciation for the universal language of art. This event is free to all, but registration is required here.
- The Cuban Sandwich: A History in Layers (Sep 28 at 6pm): In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, we invite you to join us for a special talk on one of the most delectable bites of food history: the Cuban sandwich. The lecture will include a special Cuban Sandwich tasting by Chef Chuck Bandel of our very own Café Gala. Tickets are $5 and are available here.
performances & workshops
- Workshop: Salsa at The Dalí (Oct 3 at 6pm): Join us for an exciting Salsa workshop presented by the Fred Astaire Dance Studio – South Tampa. Learn the fundamental steps of this vibrant dance style while delving into its rich cultural history. Tickets are $5-10 and are available here.
- Hispanic Heritage with Orilla (Oct 5 at 6pm): Paying tribute to the rich Hispanic musical heritage, this live musical performance by Orilla will feature classic and contemporary Spanish songs on the coplas, boleros, cumbias, tangos and more. Tickets are $5-10 and are available here.
- Workshop: Merengue at The Dalí (Oct 10 at 6pm): Join us for an exciting Merengue workshop presented by the talented instructors from Fred Astaire Dance Studio – South Tampa. Discover the lively rhythms of Merengue, a dance style deeply embedded in Hispanic culture. Tickets are $5-10 and are available here.
- Storytime at The Dalí (Sep 17 & Oct 15 at 11am): Families with children can hear Museum volunteers read surreal stories celebrating Hispanic heritage, read in both English and Spanish. This event is free and held on the ground floor of the Museum (gallery access not included).
- DillyDally with Dalí (Sep 17 & Oct 15 at 12pm): Children ages 6-11 can enjoy arts and crafts activities inspired by Hispanic heritage. This event is free and held on the ground floor of the Museum (gallery access not included).
- Pop-Up Tours (9/17, 10/1, 10/8, at 11:30am): During Hispanic Heritage Month, Spanish-speaking Dalí Museum docents share the works of Dalí through the lens of Hispanic Heritage. This is included with the price of admission. Online tickets are available here.