The Museum’s Education Department develops materials and programming that connect The Dali’s permanent collection and special exhibitions to our visitors through docent training, audio guides and more — so that everyone who visits online or virtually can explore a wide range of topics, engage the mind, and reflect on the human experience.
Our Education Department also creates programs for students and teachers including:
- Art Mobile: Under the auspices of the Pinellas County School Board, The Dali on the ‘Fly’ Art Mobile will visit all Pinellas County elementary schools in 2016-2020, being seen by over 45,000 K-5th graders, with their art teachers as guides.
- Arts & Crafts: Fun, educational, and printable craft-activities to use in your classroom utilizing economical and/or recycled materials
- Education Videos: Short films to enhance the teaching and learning of Surrealist art.
- Lesson Plans: Downloadable plans and links, art activities, a Teacher Guide, as well as kits to purchase for the classroom.
- Student Exhibits: Students explore a variety of media such as drawing, collage, watercolor, acrylic, digital photography and mixed media.