Member Event: James Museum Admission
- This event has passed.
August 1, 2021 @ 10:00am – August 31, 2021 @ 5:00pm
Dalí Museum members periodically receive free admission to a different area museum or attraction as a benefit of their Dalí Museum membership. Members of the partnering museums/attractions are invited to visit The Dalí during the designated time period. In the month of August, Dalí Museum members can enjoy free admission to The James Museum.
Details of the program:
- The Dalí Museum and our partnering museums proudly extend free admission to each other’s active members during a scheduled month; one free admission for each card member of the participating museum. No additional member benefits apply, including admission to special member events.
- Members of the visiting organization must present a current and valid membership card and follow all ticketing procedures (Additional ID may be required.)
- Neither venue is required to grant admission to visitors who forget their cards, as there is no universal list/database at each organization.
- Free member admission will be applied during regular museum hours only.
- Guests of members are not included, nor are any discounts normally offered to the organization’s members’ guests applied.
About The James Museum
The James Museum has its roots in the deeply felt passion for art and culture shared by co-founders Tom and Mary James, and in the couple’s love for St. Petersburg, the city where they live. Years ago, when their travels took them out West, they were captivated by the art, landscape and wildlife. The art of action and attention to place created by contemporary artists greatly moved them, and they began buying pieces not only for their personal pleasure, but also to help the artists earn a living. These two dedicated patrons of the arts collected works in oil, in ink, in stone; works that define genres yet defy labels; works that evoke the spirit of a wide open frontier and the beauty of life in the wild. Since their first acquisition, a vast artistic legacy has grown — one populated by emerging artists and living legends and filled with tribal tradition and classical finesse.
In building this splendid home for a part of their vast personal collection of Western and wildlife art, Tom and Mary also have succeeded in their aim to share their vision and devotion to art with you and thousands of others. Visit thejamesmuseum.org for details.
About The Dalí Museum
The Dalí Museum, located in the heart of picturesque downtown St. Petersburg, Florida, is home to an unparalleled collection of over 2,400 Salvador Dalí works, including nearly 300 oil paintings, watercolors and drawings, as well as more than 2,100 prints, photographs, posters, textiles, sculptures and objets d’art. The Museum’s nonprofit mission, to care for and share its collection locally and internationally, is grounded by a commitment to education and sustained by a culture of philanthropy.
The Dalí is recognized internationally by the Michelin Guide with a three-star rating; has been deemed “one of the top buildings to see in your lifetime” by AOL Travel News; and named one of the ten most interesting museums in the world by Architectural Digest. The building itself is a work of art, including a geodesic glass bubble, nicknamed The Enigma, featuring 1,062 triangular glass panels, a fitting tribute to Salvador Dalí’s legacy of innovation and transformation. Explore The Dalí anytime with the free Dalí Museum App, available on Google Play and in the App Store. The Dalí Museum is located at One Dalí Boulevard, St. Petersburg, Florida 33701.